Your first stop for learning how to get started with Jira Service Management.
What does the integration offer?
With Cloud Monitoring, customers easily monitor their infrastructure whether it’s hosted on-premise, off-premise, with any cloud provider, or any location across the globe.
Send Cloud Monitoring alerts to to leverage the full support of 's notification functionality. Receive notifications through email, SMS, phone call, iPhone and Android push notifications, enrich alerts with extra information using attachment files, and keep track of the whole alert cycle.
How does the integration work?
When an alert is created in , an alerted is automatically created in through the integration.
Set up the integration
is an API integration. Setting it up involves the following steps:
Add a integration in
Configure the integration in
Add a Rackspace integration
To add a integration in , complete the following steps:
Go to your team’s operations page.
On the left navigation panel, select Integrations and then Add integration.
Run a search and select “”.
On the next screen, enter a name for the integration.
Optional: Select a team in Assignee team if you want a specific team to receive alerts from the integration.
The integration is saved at this point.
Expand the Steps to configure the integration section and copy the API key.
You will use this key while configuring the integration in later.
Select Turn on integration.
The rules you create for the integration will work only if you turn on the integration.
Configure the integration in Rackspace
supports email and webhook notification types. Although alerts can be sent via email, provides a webhook API for Cloud Monitoring to create alerts directly in data centers. To configure the integration of with , complete the following steps:
1. Update the 'webhook_token' of your Rackspace account with the token you copied previously from .
2. Use the webhook URL you copied previously from for registering the webhook in Rackspace.
3. Create a webhook notification in Cloud Monitoring using the https://api.atlassian.com/jsm/ops/integration/v1/json/rackspace URL provided by API, and use this notification in your notification plans. Specify the users and/or group of users (comma separated) who are notified by using the "recipients" URL parameter. If not provided, all users are notified.
That's all. Now receive alerts as SMS, phone calls, iPhone or Android push notifications thanks to 's powerful alerting system. Let's demonstrate the integration with the following simple scenario:
4. Create an entity in Cloud Monitoring for a web server running on port 8080.
5. Then create an http check
6. Create webhook notification
7. Create a notification plan using web hook notification
8. Create an alarm with a notification plan, for HTTP error codes coming from a web server.
When the web server is shut down, Cloud Monitoring detects the failure and creates an alert.