You might find it useful to delete a sprint if:
- You've created a sample sprint to experiment with Jira Software's features
- You've accidentally started a sprint, and don't want it to reflect in any reports
Keeping these sprints can be annoying because they'll show up in menus and search results. They'll also affect reports like the Velocity Chart, which can compromise your team's future planning. Instead of keeping these sprints in your project, you can delete them.
Before you begin
To delete a sprint, you must be a user with the Manage Sprints permission.
Deleting a planned or active sprint
Go to the Backlog of your Scrum project.
- Find the sprint you want to delete, and select ••• > Delete sprint.
Things to keep in mind:
- When you delete a planned or active sprint, all of the sprint's issues will move to the next sprint in the list. If there isn't another sprint available, they'll go to the backlog instead.
- If you delete an active sprint, those issues will keep their status.
Deleting a completed sprint
You can delete a completed sprint on the Sprint reports screen:
Go to the project where your board is located, then select your board from the Board menu.
- Click Reports, then select Sprint Report.
- Select the relevant sprint from the sprint drop-down.
- Select ••• > Delete sprint.
Getting help. Need help? If you can't find the answer you need in our documentation, we have other resources available to help you. See