There are a few reasons you might want to change your Confluence password:
- You're logged in and want or need to change your password
- You've forgotten your password and can't log in, so you need to reset your password
If you have a managed account, you'll need to either go to the system account settings or ask your administrator to change your password. See Your Atlassian account for more info.
To change your password while logged in:
- Tap your profile picture at the right of the navigation, then select Profile.
- Tap Manage your account, then choose Security from the left navigation.
- Enter your current password and your new password in the form displayed.
- Tap Save changes.
To reset your password from the login screen:
- Go to the login screen for your Confluence site.
- Choose Can't log in? at the bottom of the page.
- Enter your email address, then tap Send recovery link.
- Click the recovery link in the email to finish the process.
By default, all Atlassian account passwords must be a minimum of eight characters. There are no other requirements around resets or expiration. Site-specific password policies can be established by the site's administrator using Atlassian Access.