Each calendar includes a standard set of event types, which you can use to classify the different events in the calendar. You can also create custom event types to capture events that don't fit into the standard event types.
Standard event types
Plan your people
- Leave – For tracking holidays and breaks. Who is out of the office and when.
- Travel – For tracking your team's travel plans.
- Birthdays – To help you celebrate those special moments with your team members.
- Events – A generic event type where you can create any type of event.
Plan your projects
Team Calendars integrates with JIRA applications and allows you to plan your JIRA projects and see how your team's availability may impact them. You can create JIRA project events for:
- JIRA Versions – To plan your releases.
- JIRA Software Sprints – Visualize your teams Agile Sprints inside your calendar to see how your team's leave could impact your project.
- JIRA Issue Dates
If you don't want to use any of the standard event types, hide them by choosing the calendar's drop-down menu, then select Edit > Event Types. Choose the minus icon to hide the event type.
Color-code event types
All events are color-coded according to the event type they belong to. To change the color of events in a particular event type:
- Hover over the event type and click the that appears to the right
- Choose the appropriate color for the event type
Changing event type colors changes the appearance of its events for you, but not for other viewers of the calendar. Each person viewing the calendar is free to set their preferred color scheme.
If you've got a lot of events on your Team Calendar, you may want to show or hide certain event types or calendars to reduce clutter. Click on an event type to show or hide its events, or hit