The User Profile macro displays a short summary of a given Confluence user's profile. This is the same summary that appears in a Hover Profile, which appears whenever you mouse over a user's name in the Confluence interface.
Use the User Profile macro
To add the User Profile macro:
- In the Confluence editor, select > View more
- Find the item to be inserted and select it
- Select Insert
You can also type / onto the page to bring up the same list you'd see by selectingfrom the toolbar.
To edit the User Profile macro:
- Select the macro placeholder. The floating toolbar appears.
- Select Edit. The right panel opens.
- Modify the parameters. Your changes are saved as you go.
- Resume editing the page, and the panel closes.
Parameters are options that you can set to control the content or format of the macro output. Where the parameter name used in Confluence storage format or wikimarkup is different to the label used in the browser, it will be listed below in brackets (
The username of the Confluence user whose profile summary you wish to show.
Wiki markup example
Wiki markup is only supported in the legacy editor.
Wiki markup is useful when you need to add a macro outside the editor, for example as custom content in the sidebar, header or footer of a space.
Macro body: None.
For more information about your account and profile, review the documentation about Your Atlassian account.