Collaboration doesn't just happen on pages. Often you'll need to collaborate with your team on documents, presentations, images, and spreadsheets. Whether it's mockups for a new marketing campaign or a full project plan, you can simplify your team's feedback loop by working together on files in Confluence.
Share a file
Share the file directly with your team just like you'd share a page.
To share a file:
- Click ••• > Attachments when viewing the page.
- Click View at the right of the file name to preview the file.
- Click Share.
- Add an email address, user name, or group name, write your message, and click Share.
Your team members will get an email with your message and a link to view the file.
Comment on a file
Only files added through the macro Attachments will allow comments.
To comment on a file:
- Select the row of the file you'd like to comment on.
- Select View at the bottom to preview the file.
- Drag the pin icon from the bottom of the preview and drop it where you want to comment.
- Add your comment and click Save.
Pinned comments work just like inline comments on pages. You can use @mentions and links, and you can drop as many pins as you need. Anyone with permission to add comments to the page can add and reply to comments on a file.
When you preview a file, you'll see pins for any existing comments. Select a pin to view the comment.
Once the conversation is finished, you can resolve the comment to hide it (and any replies) from view. If you need to see resolved comments again, select ••• > Resolved comments from the preview to reopen them.
You can't comment on files that linked from other webpages or files that can't be previewed (such as videos and zip files).
Edit a file
You can edit some files directly in Confluence. For more information and a list of supported file types and applications, see Edit files.