Learn how to configure your profile, get notifications from Opsgenie and view on-call schedules.
Amazon SNS makes it simple and cost-effective to push notifications to Apple, Google, Fire OS, and Windows devices, as well as Android devices in China with Baidu Cloud Push.
What does Opsgenie offer Amazon SNS users?
When an alert is created, acknowledged, or closed etc., sends messages to an SNS topic and SNS delivers these messages to the subscribers of that topic to notify them. The subscribers of a topic are chosen as one of the following options: Sending email or SMS, invoking AWS Lambda function, or sending an HTTP request.
Functionality of the integration
When an alert is created, closed, acknowledged, etc. in , a message is published to topic.
Configuring Outgoing Amazon SNS Integration
This integration is only available with Standard and Enterprise plans in Opsgenie, and Premium and Enterprise plans in Jira Service Management.
Adding the integration from your team dashboard will make your team the owner of the integration. This means Opsgenie will assign the alerts received through this integration to your team only. Follow the rest of the steps in this section to set up the integration.
Go to . Search for and select Add.
To create SNS topic which allows to publish messages, you can use the CloudFormation template option given on the instructions.
3. Go to your own AWS account and select the topic to add permissions from SNS Topics page.
4. From Actions, select Edit topic policy.
5. To allow users to publish messages to the topic, select Only these AWS users.
6. Click Update policy.
7. Copy the Topic ARN for that topic.
8. Go to the Outgoing Amazon SNS Integration page in and paste the ARN copied from into Topic ARN field.
9. Select the region from which the SNS topic was created in the AWS account.
10. Click Save Integration.
Example message data to be sent to SNS Topics for different actions are found in this document.