If you organize your projects with versions, you can generate release notes to see all issues within a version in one list, separated by issue type. This list allows you to quickly copy and paste all the changes associated with your release, either in HTML or plain text.
To create release notes for a version in your project:
- Go to your project and click Project settings.
- Select Versions in the project sidebar. If you're using Jira Software, select Releases.
- Select the Version whose release notes you wish to generate by clicking on it's name in the list.
- Click Release Notes.
- Click Configure Release Notes to select the version and style.
- Click Create to generate the release notes.
Jira creates a list of your version's issues, showing each issue's key (with a link to the issue) and summary. This list is grouped by issue type. Currently, there is no way to customize this list.