Learn more about Jira Cloud products, features, plans, and migration.
Integrate Jira Cloud with Confluence, development tools, apps, and self-hosted tools using OAuth and feature flags.
Control who has access to your Jira Cloud products and give them the right permissions to perform their role.
Learn how to set up, customize, and manage Jira Cloud projects.
Explore issues, issue types, issue custom fields, issue screens, custom field context, and issue field configurations in Jira Cloud.
Define the lifecycle of your work and learn about issue workflow schemes and the issue collector.
Learn more on how you can set up Jira Cloud for your team.
Use this procedure to configure the initial status for your workflow. You can start off with an active workflow, which you can then switch to draft mode, or any other workflow in your system.
1. Click Open under the Step Name column to view or edit a step's properties:
2. Click the Create Issue incoming transition:
Note: If you happen to be in an active workflow, which you cannot edit, you will be asked to switch to a draft workflow to continue.
3. Click Edit to set the new destination step:
4. Select a new Destination Step, and then click Update to save it:
5. When a new issue is created, it will go straight to the In Progress step.
Was this helpful?