Before you begin
- Users data is not exported to Jira. However if the user already exists in Jira (and has a licence for Jira software) they will remain assigned to the issue when it is imported.
- The Jira project which issues will be imported in to is generated automatically and can found by inspecting the db-jira-cloud.json in the exported zip file.
- Issue history is not imported into Jira
- Attachments on the issue or on comments will only be exported if the repository and issue tracker are both public
- In Bitbucket, go to Projects and choose a project.
- Choose a repository > Repository settings > and choose Import and export under Issues.
- Click Start export. This generates a zip file containing all your Jira issues data.
- Extract the zip file and retrieve the db-jira-cloud.json file
- Once you've completed the above, head over to Importing data from JSON and follow the procedure outlined there.