To create or join a workspace, you need an individual Bitbucket account.
Whoever creates the workspace automatically has administrative access. That user can also specify admin access for other members of the workspace, giving them the ability to administer the team. Any admin can update the workspace's plan and credit card details.
Create a workspace
Any user can create a new workspace and will automatically become a member and administrator of that workspace.
- Click + in the leftmost, global sidebar and select Workspace under Create.
- Enter a Workspace name. This name is what you see in the navigation in Bitbucket and what the other members of your workspace see in their invitation emails.
Enter a Workspace ID. Your ID can't have any spaces or special characters, but numbers and capital letters are fine. This ID becomes part of the URL for the workspace and anywhere else where there is a label that identifies the team (API's, permission groups, OAuth, etc.).
Add members to your workspace
Once you've created a workspace, you can start adding other users as members.
- From your avatar in the bottom left, select the workspace or click All workspaces for a full list.
- Click Settings in the left sidebar, and then select User groups under the Access Management heading.
- Select the Add member button or select a group where you want to add a user or users. You can add users to more than one group, or you can create a new group in which to add members by selecting the Add group button.
- Enter an email address in the field provided.
Entering the email address of a non-Bitbucket user sends an invitation to that person to create a Bitbucket account and join the workspace.
- Click Add.
- Repeat the last two steps for each user you want to add.
If you entered an email address and it has a corresponding Bitbucket account, the system resolves the account for you. If Bitbucket couldn't resolve the address, it sends the user an invitation to join the workspace by creating a Bitbucket account.
Update your Workspace settings
You can update your Workspace settings only if you have administrative permissions. If you think you should have admin permissions, ask another administrator to grant you access. If you have admin permission, find your Workspace settings with the following steps:
- From your profile avatar (also known as Your profile and settings), select the workspace or click All workspaces for a full list.
- Click Settings in the left sidebar.
The Workspace settings page opens by default.