This page describes how to identify and solve problems you may have with Bitbucket Cloud Smart Mirroring:
For further reference, read the Bitbucket Data Center FAQ.
General connection errors
This table lists the basic problems that can prevent communication between Bitbucket Cloud and your Smart Mirror:
|Possible cause||Action you can take|
The mirror server is not running.
The mirror server is not actually connected to the network.
A firewall or other network device is blocking connections that use the particular combination of host address and port.
Note that outgoing calls from Bitbucket are incoming calls for the mirror. Similarly, outgoing calls from the mirror are incoming calls for Bitbucket. Both need to work.
The protocol being used to make the connection is incorrect (for example, it uses HTTP instead of HTTPS).
See Bitbucket Server config properties for more information.
The mirror application is running, but it's not listening on the port that Bitbucket Cloud is trying to connect to.
General SSL errors
There are some minimum requirements that your SSL certificate must meet:
- The certificate common name (CN) must match the host name (the URL address) for the application.
- The certificate timestamp must still be valid.
- The certificate must be installed into the correct Java trust store (Bitbucket Server is a Java application that bundles the Tomcat application server). To check that certificates are present in the Java trust store see Check the SSL certificate location.
- Make sure that your key and certificate are correctly configured in either the mirror or your HTTPS proxy. See See of the options in Securing a reverse proxy using HTTPS for SSL configuration details.
To see details of a certificate, visit the application in your browser and click the padlock in the browser address bar. You can also check SSL certificate details online (for example using https://www.digicert.com/help/).
General browser issues
Under some circumstances you may experience problems when using the mirror administration UI, such as:
- Adding projects to, or removing projects from, the mirror fails with the following error message:
- When trying to use the Mirror Support tools you see the following error message:
Incorrectly set Mirror base URL
Mirror base URLcan only be set once. It gets set by the wizard that runs when you first start Bitbucket Server. If configured incorrectly, or you need to change it, you'll need to delete your mirror and set it up again.
Unknown public key
When cloning or pulling from the Bitbucket mirror you may see the following error message in a terminal:
Cloning into 'local-repo'... Permission denied (publickey). fatal: Could not read from remote repository.
Actions you can take
|Missing public key|
|Unsupported SSH key type|