Development mode allows you to install Bitbucket app from unknown sources, meaning sources that are not from the Atlassian Marketplace.
You may want to enable development mode for a few reasons:
- Bitbucket Cloud app vendors often install the apps by URL, usually while testing an app they maintain.
- Bitbucket Cloud users with custom or private apps that are not from the Atlassian Marketplace.
Install Bitbucket apps from unknown sources by URL
To install apps from unknown sources you will need to enable development mode in your Bitbucket settings.
To install apps by URL:
- Enable development mode.
- Navigate to the workspace. Click your profile avatar > click the name of the workspace from the Recent workspaces list or click All workspaces to display an entire list from which to select.
- Click Settings on the left sidebar.
- Click Installed apps under Apps and features on the left side menu.
- Check Enable development mode under the list of install apps.
- Click Install app from URL.
- Paste the URL of the app descritor, click Install.
Help protect your content by only installing apps from sources you know and trust.