Important changes to our server and Data Center products
We’ve ended sales for new server licenses, and will end support for server on February 2, 2024. We’re continuing our investment in Data Center with several key improvements. Learn what this means for you
While our products provide the same benefits – planning, tracking, collaboration, code repository management, and more – deployment options do differ in features, functionality, and user interface.
Understanding and communicating these differences is essential to planning a successful migration, setting expectations for your stakeholders and users, and landing happily in cloud.
At a high level, customers choose to move from self-managed to cloud because our cloud products enable them to move faster, deliver more value, grow with confidence, and future-proof their teams. There can also be cost savings, since hosting and maintaining on-premises applications can be time and resource-intensive.
For detailed information on the infrastructure and functionality differences between our self-managed and cloud products, check out:
- Compare Atlassian cloud vs. server
- Functional differences in Jira Cloud products
- Functional differences in Confluence Cloud
- Track storage and move data across products
More information and support
We have a number of channels available to help you with your migration.
- For more migration planning information and FAQs, visit the Atlassian Cloud Migration Center.
- Have a technical issue or need more support with strategy and best practices? Get in touch.
- Looking for peer advice? Ask the Atlassian Community.
- Want expert guidance? Work with an Atlassian Partner.