The Confluence Cloud Migration Assistant will only add data to your cloud site, not overwrite it – meaning you can move to a new or existing cloud site without issue.
What is migrated
- Spaces, including space restrictions.
- Pages, including page restrictions.
- Users and groups.
What isn't migrated
Global settings and permissions: These will need to be configured manually in your cloud site.
Apps: You'll need to work with the app vendors to migrate or re-install your apps in Confluence Cloud after migrating. Note that apps from Atlassian, like Team Calendars for Confluence and Questions for Confluence, aren't included in the migration.
Application links: If you plan to use Atlassian server products in conjunction with your Confluence Cloud site, you can create two-way links between your cloud and server products. If this applies to you, you can set these up after migrating.
User avatars: Users will need to update their avatars after migrating.
Passwords: Unless you've set up SSO, users will need to reset their passwords after migrating.
We have a number of channels available to help you with your migration.
More information and support
- For more migration planning information and FAQs, visit the Atlassian Cloud Migration Center.
- Have a technical issue or need more support with strategy and best practices? Get in touch.
- Looking for peer advice? Ask the Atlassian Community.
- Want expert guidance? Work with an Atlassian Partner.