Ready to start your journey to Confluence Cloud? We've collected the best practice guides, checklists, and documentation you'll need to set you up for success when you migrate from server or Data Center to cloud.
Important changes to our server and Data Center products
We’ve ended sales for new server licenses, and will end support for server on February 2, 2024. We’re continuing our investment in Data Center with several key improvements. Learn what this means for you
- Check out the server to cloud migration guide: We've put together a guide that walks you through the key phases and consideration for each step, with all the links and resources you'll need in one place.
- Explore cloud: Take advantage of your free cloud migration trial. This offer enables existing self-managed (server or Data Center) customers to try cloud for an extended period for free, giving you the time you need to assess, plan, test and migrate at your own pace.
- Review our support offerings: Learn how we support cloud migrations. We know planning and executing a successful migration can be daunting, but we're here to help every step of the way.
- Compare Atlassian's cloud and server products: Find out what sets the two apart, and learn about some of the features that differ.
- Compare Confluence Cloud and Server: Find out more about some of the functional differences between Confluence Server and Cloud.
- Audit your apps: If you have apps or custom integrations in server, learn strategies and best practices for auditing them in preparation for your move.
- Assess your apps: Once you know what apps you have, carry out an assessment to establish which apps you need to migrate.
- Review the FAQs: Get answers to some of your most frequently asked questions about moving from Atlassian's self-managed products to cloud.
- Compare cloud migration methods: Learn about and compare different migration methods to see which is right for you.
- Complete the pre-migration checklist: Run through this checklist before migrating to make sure your data is ready to go.
- Test your server to cloud migration: In this guide, we'll outline how to conduct a test migration for Jira or Confluence, including best practices and what to test for.
- Confluence Cloud Migration Assistant: Use this free Atlassian app to perform your migration.
More information and support
We have a number of channels available to help you with your migration.
- For more migration planning information and FAQs, visit the Atlassian Cloud Migration Center.
- Have a technical issue or need more support with strategy and best practices? Get in touch.
- Looking for peer advice? Ask the Atlassian Community.
- Want expert guidance? Work with an Atlassian Partner.